PLAN YOUR WEEKEND
Pick your films and events, making sure not to choose conflicting times. If you choose consecutive screenings across town from each other, you may have to leave one early, so please plan accordingly.
You can be a part of the 2014 Virginia Film Festival and save by purchasing one of our Festival Passes!
Each pass is valued at $60.00 and can be purchased for $50.00 ($40.00 for senior citizens (60+), students, children, U.Va. faculty and staff and local educators). Passes will be redeemed on or after October 10, 2014 for one ticket to any five films, including regularly priced and premium films.
Each pass is valued at $170.00 and can be purchased for $140.00 ($120.00 for senior citizens (60+), students, children, U.Va. faculty and staff and local educators). Passes will be redeemed on or after October 10, 2014 for one ticket to any five films, including regularly priced and premium films, and one ticket to the Opening Night Gala on Thursday, November 6 and the Late Night Wrap Party on Saturday, November 8.
ORDER YOUR TICKETS
ONLINE: October 10, 2014- November 9, 2014
Visit our schedule page to order your tickets. Browse the interactive schedule and place your order with a credit card. Our online Box Office opens at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, October 10, and allows ticket purchases up to one hour prior to each film. All orders received through Friday, October 31 will be mailed. All orders placed after October 31 must be picked up in advance at the Arts Box Office or at Festival Headquarters at the Main Street Arena. Will call tickets will not be available for pickup at the door.
PHONE: October 10, 2014- November 7, 2014
Beginning at noon on Friday, October 10, staff will be ready to take your order by calling the Arts Box Office at (434) 924-3376. Phone lines are open Monday through Friday from noon to 5:00 p.m.
U.Va. Arts Box Office- October 10, 2014- November 9, 2014
U.Va. Arts Box Office, located in the lobby of the U.Va. Drama Building, will open for in person sales at noon on Friday, October 10. The Arts Box Office is open Monday through Friday from noon to 5:00 p.m.
The Festival Headquarters- Dates TBD
Tickets will be available in person at Festival Headquarters in the Main Street Arena on the Downtown Mall. Visitors can also check in with Film Festival Staff and Volunteers for details on our events and guests as well as information about local businesses and restaurants.
TICKET PRICES & PAYMENT METHODS
Tickets to our matinee screenings, with a start time prior to 5:00 p.m., are $8.00. Evening screening tickets start at $11.00, and premier screenings tickets start at $15.00. Select screenings will be considered special or premiere events, and ticket prices to these events will vary, so please check each film listing for price. Discounts are available on non-matinee screenings to senior citizens (60+), students with ID, children, U.Va. faculty and staff, and local educators.
We accept the following methods of payment:
Online/Phone: Visa, MC, Amex, Discover
Arts Box Office: Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, cash and check
Festival Headquarters: Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, cash and check
All Other Venues: Cash and check only
All sales are final. There will be no refunds or exchanges. Checks should be made payable to: U.Va – Arts Box Office
FREE U.Va. STUDENT TICKETS
All full-time U.Va. students can receive one complimentary ticket to all films. Visit www.artsboxoffice.virginia.edu and click on the link on the top right corner of the page for more information and to reserve tickets online. Please note that free U.Va. student tickets must be reserved in advance and are not available the day of a film or at the door of an event.
TICKETS DURING THE FESTIVAL
Please see the list of hours below for the U.Va. Arts Box Office, Festival Headquarters, and screening and event venues during the Festival.
U.Va. Arts Box Office
Nov 6-9: Hours TBD
Nov 6 – 10: 10:00 a.m. until the start of the final screening or event time each day.
Screening and Event Venues
Box Offices at our screening venues will be open only during the Festival, one hour before each screening or event. Please note that screening and event venues only accept cash or check payments.
If purchasing tickets during the Festival, please keep in mind the following:
- All will-call tickets must be picked up at the U.Va. Arts Box Office or Festival Headquarters in the Main Street Arena. Will-call tickets will not be available for pickup at the door. Be sure to bring your confirmation email with you to pick up will-call tickets. We strongly encourage all patrons to order their tickets in advance so that they can be mailed. The Arts Box Office and Festival Headquarters will also sell tickets to all available films and events during the Festival.
- Beginning one hour prior to each film, tickets will only be available for purchase at the location of the screening.
- Venue Box Office locations that open one hour prior to each screening will only sell tickets for the film about to begin at their location. Other films can still be purchased online or in person at the Arts Box Office or at Festival Headquarters.
When Tickets are Unavailable
When an event’s allotment of advance tickets is exhausted, there is still the possibility that unclaimed tickets may become available at the door. Free U.Va. student tickets that are not picked up can be released to allow other patrons the opportunity to purchase tickets. Ten minutes before a film begins, released tickets will be sold to patrons waiting in a standby line. Please know that there is no guarantee that we will have tickets to release at the door. The Virginia Film Festival does not have control over when standby lines will begin to form; therefore we cannot advise patrons on an arrival time to join or form a line. Patrons in a standby line will be asked to wait outside of the lobby or the ticket area, while waiting to see if released tickets become available for purchase.
- Seating for each screening will begin approximately 30 minutes before the screening time. Seating is general admission, so come early for the best selection. Note that some seats may be reserved for special guests of the Festival. Please respect these areas.
- Admission to theatres may be restricted after the film has begun. Please arrive on time.
- Each theatre must be completely cleared of patrons between screenings.
- Food and drink are not permitted inside the Culbreth Theatre.